Neglected connections in outlets, switches and light fixtures containing aluminum wiring become increasingly dangerous over time. Poor connections cause wiring to overheat, causing potential fire hazard.
Unfortunately, failing aluminum-wired connections seldom provide easily detected warning signs. Aluminum-wired connections and splices have been reported to fail and overheat without any prior indications or problems.
If you notice any signs of a problem such as hot-to-the-touch face plates on receptacles or switches, circuits that don't work, or the smell of burning plastic at outlets or switches call an electrician. DO NOT TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF! You could be electrocuted or make the problem worse. A licensed professional can replace or repair aluminum wiring to permanently eliminate the possibility of fire or injury caused by failing aluminum-wired connections.
When it comes to electrical, plumbing and fire safety, the visual inspection does not eliminate the risk. A pre-purchase or a pre-sale home inspection reduces the risks of unwanted surprises.
24/7 Electric & Plumbing - Electricians and Plumbers serving Seattle and Eastside
With over 20 years of experience in the field, there is nothing our expert electricians and plumbers can’t handle!
Complete the form below, and a friendly member of 24/7 Team will contact you shortly.
No problem! 24/7 electric & Plumbing will provide you a free estimate for the repairs and complete them in no time!